aprontest is missing, after factory reset

Are you stuck at a particular point, can't find the answer elsewhere, here's the place to ask.
Ironsmith

aprontest is missing, after factory reset

Postby Ironsmith » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:20 pm

Hi Guys,

I wonder if this happen to any of you before. I got a Winkhub from homdepot few week ago. And when I first try to root the set_dev_value.php tricks. I got <title>404 - Not Found</title> back from curl. And remote SSH to the device not working... This is ok, I knew winkhub removed page. and patch the device. I then move on to the NAND glitch trick. I guess my timing control is not right..I didn't get it working. So I pushed the reset button on the board.. then ...weird thing happens...

After the reset and reboot. The SSH is up, and root password is blank. And best of all...the set_dev_value.php page alone with command execution vuln is back too. I now can do curl "http://IP-OF-CAMERA/set_dev_value.php" -d "nodeId=a&attrId=;COMMAND-HERE;" no problem.

However, I can't now find aprontest under /usr/sbin anymore... :( I will update with more details..but for now, I just wonder if this happen to anyone else?

rhe

Re: aprontest is missing, after factory reset

Postby rhe » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:29 am

I did a reset on my hub and ended up having to manually pull down the .ubi file and kick off an upgrade. Not sure if that will solve your issue, but it did get mine back up and running.

Return to “Help me, I can't do xyz”