Solid white error after upgrading to 0.86

Are you stuck at a particular point, can't find the answer elsewhere, here's the place to ask.
windsorsean

Solid white error after upgrading to 0.86

Postby windsorsean » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:38 am

I have a Wink Hub that was previously at v0.33 (in a box for the last 5 months) and was never rooted. After receiving info from Wink on the issues they were having and the instructions for repairing at home (using the manual DNS settings) I went ahead and followed the instructions and now I am stuck at a solid white light which I understand indicates corrupt memory.

So my question is; can I recover a Hub at a solid white light which had v0.33 and has never been rooted? I do have a TTL serial to USB adapter available and am familiar with it.

Honestly I had no idea that the Wink Hub could be rooted until after doing some research following this error. I got the Hub for free and have not had a use for it until now. Ironically, I used the $50 credit from Wink to buy a wireless dimmer switch but can't use it because the hub is dead. ;)

Thanks for any assistance!

CloneNum3
Site Admin

Re: Solid white error after upgrading to 0.86

Postby CloneNum3 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:13 pm

If you're familiar with the TTL cable, I'd say open the hub up and watch it boot.

Alternatively, I'd check your router to see if it's getting a dhcp address, see if you can ping it, and in the off chance that's it's booting from the update partition and at least has network connectivity, you should be able to root it.

If you get root, follow the force update maintaining root instructions and you should be good to go.

Return to “Help me, I can't do xyz”