Can not SFTP into Hub

Are you stuck at a particular point, can't find the answer elsewhere, here's the place to ask.
ptmuldoon

Can not SFTP into Hub

Postby ptmuldoon » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:16 pm

I was able to to SFTP into the hub in the past, but today when trying can not connect via SFTP for FTP. It's possible this starter after I let the Hub do an update automatic some time back in the past, but not sure.

With Bitvise/Tunnelier, I get the "SFTP channel closed by server" error.

And in trying with WinSCP I get "The sever rejected SFTP connection, but it listens for FTP connections" error.

I can SSH into the HUB fine, yet can't get any FTP or SFTP to connect. Can anyone currently SFTP into their Hubs and confirm what Hub version there on and have any suggestions?

Should I attempt to install or reinstall sftp on the Hub? Suggestions or thoughts on that?

CloneNum3
Site Admin

Re: Can not SFTP into Hub

Postby CloneNum3 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:40 am

My initial guess would be your sftp client might be updated requiring a higher level of encryption than the wink hub supports. I'd make sure the ssh/sftp profile supports a compatible mac and cipher which I believe to be aes128-ctr and/or hmac-md5.

If you attempt to ssh to your wink with -vvv (verbose output), what does it output? In any event, the output should say why it's not connecting.

-CloneNum3

Return to “Help me, I can't do xyz”