[SOLVED] Connect to a new WiFi network (change pass) for already rooted device

Are you stuck at a particular point, can't find the answer elsewhere, here's the place to ask.
comp3v

[SOLVED] Connect to a new WiFi network (change pass) for already rooted device

Postby comp3v » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:14 pm

my hub is rooted, updated to one of the latest versions of the firmware, root worked well after that etc.
Now, my WiFi router has changed, it has the same SSID but new password, and I need to update this info in Wink's config.
Wink hub is visible as AP with SSID "WINKHUB-NNNNNN-XXXX", and I can reach it at 192.168.0.1 - but what to do next?
I tried to execute curl "http://192.168.0.1/index.php" -d '{"ssid":"myssid","pass":"mypass"}', but this gives an error:

Code: Select all

Slim Application Error

The application could not run because of the following error:
Details
Type: ErrorException
Code: 8
File: /var/www/index.php
Line: 161
Trace

#0 /var/www/index.php(161): Slim\Slim::handleErrors(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/var/www/index....', 161, Array)
#1 [internal function]: {closure}()
#2 /var/www/Slim/Route.php(462): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#3 /var/www/Slim/Slim.php(1326): Slim\Route->dispatch()
#4 /var/www/Slim/Middleware/Flash.php(85): Slim\Slim->call()
#5 /var/www/Slim/Middleware/MethodOverride.php(92): Slim\Middleware\Flash->call()
#6 /var/www/Slim/Middleware/PrettyExceptions.php(67): Slim\Middleware\MethodOverride->call()
#7 /var/www/Slim/Slim.php(1271): Slim\Middleware\PrettyExceptions->call()
#8 /var/www/index.php(269): Slim\Slim->run()
#9 {main}

I will be grateful for any help

comp3v

Re: [SOLVED] Connect to a new WiFi network (change pass) for already rooted device

Postby comp3v » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:44 pm

stupidly, I didn't realize that for rooted device all "normal" ways of communication work as well: I could simply connect by ssh as usual and edit the wpa_supplicant.conf directly

Return to “Help me, I can't do xyz”