Search found 2 matches
Search found 2 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:05 pm
- Forum: Root and update from any firmware level
- Topic: Root and update from ANY firmware level (copy/paste code friendly)
- Replies: 13
- Views: 38540
And to date... as long as you have /database/authorized_keys with your public key and /database/ENABLE_SSH exists... you can do updates via the app or however you want maintaining root. Two months later and this may no longer the case. Upgrade through the app wasn't working for me, so I just update...
- Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:24 am
- Forum: Upgrade to current firmware maintaining root
- Topic: Howto update to 01.01
- Replies: 89
- Views: 111579
pengwin's procedure seemed to work for me....what I did: 1. fix /etc/hosts to allow upgrade via app 2. upgrade via app. The light sequence was: -flashing red -solid yellow--at this point I was stilled logged in and rebooted via command line -blinking yellow (ssh logins time out) -blinking red (ssh l...